Arizona Eyelash Extension Certification Requirements
March 9, 2020 by The Lash Professional.
Hey there, lovely lash ladies! It’s time for you to move from the sidelines to the spotlight of the lashing game.
We’ve all been there: you’re scrolling through social media or watching your favorite eyelash extension YouTube channels, and you think, “I want to do that!” Maybe you’ve done a little research, but you can’t wrap your head around what you need to get started.
No worries, ladies! We at The Lash Professional are dedicated to helping budding artists spread their lashing wings. We’ll teach you all you need to know about how to become a lash tech in AZ and the lash extension certification requirements that come with the job.
Are you ready to become a lash expert? If so, keep reading to learn more about lash extension certifications in AZ!
Eyelash Extension Certification AZ Requirements
If you’re asking yourself, “Do I need a license to do eyelash extensions in Arizona?”, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s get one fact squared away: you do need a license to do eyelash extensions in Arizona.
According to the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology, you need either a cosmetologist or aesthetician license to do eyelash extensions.
Why? According to Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 32-501, aesthetics and cosmetology are defined as the following:
- (a) Massaging, cleansing, stimulating, manipulating, exercising, beautifying, or applying oils, creams, antiseptics, clays, lotions, or other preparations, either by hand or by mechanical or electrical appliances.
- (b) Arching eyebrows or tinting eyebrows and eyelashes.
With the right aesthetician and cosmetology training, you’ll have the necessary foundation to build upon in eyelash extension training.
But what’s the difference between a license and a lash extension certification in AZ? Well, there are actually a few!
- Is a legal documentation granted by the state that lets clients know that you meet all the requirements set forth by Arizona
- Clearly defines the educational requirements and tests you have undergone to learn proper lashing skills
- Sets the standard of practice that all lash artists in AZ must meet
- Ensures that you have enough practice hours to be proficient at your specialty
- An additional, voluntary course that is provided by private organizations
- Does not reflect extensive education on the industry compared to a license
- Can be completed in under a day depending on the chosen course
While we absolutely love certification courses, in the end, ladies, it’s never worth it to lash without a license. With repercussions like fines or worse, a misdemeanor, it’s better safe than sorry to get that license. If you are licensed, keep on reading to learn more about how you can further your education with a lash extension certification in AZ!
How to Become a Lash Tech in AZ
Now that you’ve got that all-important license, you’re ready to learn more about the world of lashes. Thankfully, there are fantastic places for you to get that training right here in Arizona!
Are you looking for some hands-on training through live instruction? Or, are you in need of comprehensive online training that can fit into your busy agenda? Here at The Lash Professional, we are all about getting that education. So, we offer live and online training!
With The Lash Professional’s flexible online eyelash extension training program, you can learn to lash at your own pace! Plus, there are other amazingbenefits of online training, like learning from just about any location. With this lash extension certification course, you’ll have access to an inclusive manual, in-depth curriculum, and extensive lash kit that can help you get started! What are you waiting for? Sign up today!
Hoping for more of an in-person feel to your lash extension certification course in AZ? We also have live eyelash extension training with our lovely lash experts for those aspiring lash artists who want some hands-on experience. You’ll be able to interact with our lash babes in real-time. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and spend some time rewatching the additional online training videos!
Wherever you are in AZ, you can join in the fun and see behind the scenes of The Lash Professional’s most daring lashing styles with our eyelash extension certification courses!